The Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC MDCAT Test) serves as the statutory regulatory authority responsible for maintaining the official register of medical practitioners in Pakistan. As part of its responsibilities, PMDC conducts the National Examination for Medical and Dental Colleges Admission Test (NEB-MDCAT), which is a crucial requirement for admission to medical and dental colleges in the country.
PMDC MDCAT Test 2023: The PMDC’s Student Online Portal
For aspiring medical and dental students, the PMDC’s Student Online portal proves to be a valuable resource. This one-stop-shop platform enables students to complete various essential tasks related to the NEB-MDCAT. From exam registration to fee payment and admit card download, the portal streamlines the process, saving valuable time and effort.
Step-by-Step Guide to NEB-MDCAT Registration
To access the PMDC’s Student Online portal, start by creating an account on the PMDC’s website. Follow these steps to complete the NEB-MDCAT registration process smoothly:
- Personal Information: Provide your name, date of birth, and CNIC number during registration.
- Examination Center: Choose your preferred examination center from the available options.
- Application Fee: Complete the payment of the application fee through the portal.
- Photograph and Signature: Upload scanned copies of your photograph and signature as per the specified requirements.
Once the registration process is successfully completed, you can download your admit card. The admit card holds crucial information about the exam, including the date, time, and venue.
Effective Preparation for the NEB-MDCAT
The NEB-MDCAT is undoubtedly a challenging exam. However, remember that you don’t have to navigate this journey alone. Several resources are available to support your preparation, such as:
- PMDC’s Student Online Portal: Besides registration, the portal offers valuable information, including the syllabus, exam format, and marking scheme.
- Online Mock Tests: Practice with online mock tests to familiarize yourself with the exam pattern and enhance your time management skills.
- Tuition Classes: Consider enrolling in tuition classes conducted by experienced instructors to receive expert guidance.
Vital Dates and Deadlines
If you plan to apply for the MDCAT 2023, ensure you mark these dates on your calendar:
- Application Deadline: July 31, 2023
- Examination Date: August 27, 2023
Essential Documents for MDCAT Registration
Before appearing for the exam, make sure you have the following documents ready:
- Matriculation/SSC/O-Level Marksheet
- Matriculation/SSC/O-Level Degree
- HSSC/A-Levels/Intermediate (Equivalent) Marksheet (HSSC-1 if awaiting HSSC-2 result)
- Candidate’s Recent Photograph
- CNIC/B Form
- Parents/Guardian CNIC
- Paid Fee challan
Instructions for Exam Day
On the day of the exam, adhere to the following guidelines to ensure a smooth experience:
- Reach the examination center by 08:30 am.
- Download the Admit Card/Roll No. Slip from the MDCAT portal login.
- Bring the following items: Printed Admit Card, Original CNIC/NICOP/Juvenile Card/POC/Original Passport/B-Form, a clean clipboard, and two blue ballpoint pens.
- Comply with Govt. Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for Covid-19.
- Keep your mobile number and e-mail address functional for notifications/information.
- Avoid bringing mobile phones, smartwatches, or other electronic gadgets to the examination hall.
PMDC MDCAT Test Eligibility Criteria
For the MDCAT registration in 2023, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 65% marks in Pre-Medical FSC with Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and English as subjects.
- Candidates awaiting results may also apply.
- Only Pakistani nationals and foreign nationals of Pakistan origin are eligible.
PMDC MDCAT Test Paper Pattern
The MDCAT 2023 paper pattern includes the following subjects and corresponding MCQs:
- Biology: 68 questions
- Chemistry: 56 questions
- Physics: 56 questions
- English: 20 questions
- Logical Reasoning Questions: 10 questions
- Total: 210 questions
PMDC MDCAT Test Centers
The MDCAT is conducted in various locations across Pakistan. Some of the test centers include:
- Punjab (Rawalpindi, Gujranwala, Lahore, Multan, Bahawalpur, D.G. Khan, Sahiwal, Gujrat, Sargodha, Sialkot, Rahim Yar Khan, Hasanabdal, Kharian/Jhelum, Faisalabad)
- Sindh (Karachi, Hyderabad, Sukkur, Mirpurkhas, Larkana, Nawab Shah)
- AJ & K (Muzaffarabad, Mirpur)
- Balochistan (Quetta, Gwadar)
- KPK (Abbottabad, Peshawar, DI.Khan, Swat, Haripur, Bannu, Kohat)
- GB (Gilgit)
Scoring and Passing Criteria
There is no negative marking in the MDCAT. Each correct answer earns you 1 mark. The passing marks for MBBS are 55%, while for BDS, it’s 50%.
People also Searches:
PMDC MDCAT Test
Download Jobs Application Form For Every Jobs
Resume Templates Top 20 in MS Word – CV Format
Disclaimer Confirm everything before applying for a job or giving an advance to a similar officer. We are not responsible for any damage or loss.
PMDC MDCAT Test